Thursday, December 1, 2011

Advent Calendars


Happy December 1st!  I have been watching the date because I am excited to start this year's Advent Calendar! Here are a few of my favorites (in addition to ours!):

  • Nativity Advent Calendar - each of the 25 spots has a piece to the nativity scene
  • Vintage Advent Calendar - this is the one we had in our house growing up. Mom - I love this one so much and hope you saved it!  
  • Dylan's Candy Bar Advent Calendar - I was in the store yesterday, and they had lots of these on sale for $6 (normally $12).  Pre-packaged with candy and very kid-friendly!
  • Do-It-Yourself Advent Calendar - my favorite DIY versions are this one from Oh-Dee-Doh and this one from DesignSponge. Both versions use simple supplies and would be fairly quick to make. 

Last year, I looked and looked for 25 tiny toys to fit in the advent calendar. This year, we are simplifying and using the Dylan's Candy Bar version.  Next year, I think I will try slips of paper with Christmas Story Bible verses and/or fun family activities (like "bake Christmas cookies!")

Anticipation for Christmas is building...
Love, Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment