Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Easy Cheesy

This is more of a summer favorite but has turned into an anytime, easy meal or treat.  We started making this a couple of summers ago when the tomatoes and basil were out of control.  We picked up some fresh mozzarella from Costco and had caprese in every way possible.  Once we got tired of that, I still needed to use all of those ingredients.  We had been at the pool a lot and ordering a pizza fairly often.  When I was ordering, I saw a specialty pizza with all my ingredients on it!  I decided to try it on a loaf of bread because I'm afraid of making my own pizza dough. This is always wonderful and you can really add anything you have on hand.


Ciabatta Pizza
One loaf of ciabatta or other flat bread
Olive oil
1-3 cloves of Garlic, sliced
Tomatoes (any kind)
Basil
Fresh Mozzarella
Parmesan or similar
Great additions:
Spinach
Artichoke hearts
Olives
Mushrooms
Onion
Salami or Ham

Cut the Ciabatta in half and set aside.  Heat olive oil and garlic in the microwave for 30 seconds.  Spread on the bread, paying special attention to the edges.  Add sliced tomatoes and any other toppings you'd like.  Top with fresh mozzarella and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.  Bake at 425 for 10 minutes or broil till toasted.  Cut and serve. 


No comments:

Post a Comment