Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Gingerbread Playdoh


I meant to mention this in yesterday's Kid-Friendly Gingerbread Cookie post, but Gingerbread Playdoh is awesome! One of WP's friends gave a jar of it to him for Christmas - with a cookie cutter tied around the jar.  The gift just made me smile - it looked precious, smelled delicious, and we started playing with it right away.  While I was finishing up the Gingerbread Cookies, WP played with his Gingerbread Playdoh and pretended that he was making his own cookies. He loved it.  

The recipe is over at The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle. Thanks, Sugarbelle!  

Since I posted earlier about Peanut Butter Playdoh, I wanted to let you know how the Gingerbread version compares. The Gingerbread Playdoh is:

  • a better consistency (very similar in consistency to real Playdoh - it worked in all of our Playdoh toys and was really easy for WP to manipulate... without being too sticky)
  • better smelling (although the PB Playdoh smells good, this one smells like Christmas. Mmm.)
  • worse tasting (I tried. Because it smelled so good. I mean, because I wanted to see if it was safe for WP.  It's salty and yucky and no good for eating.) 
  • probably harder to make (it involves some simmering on the stove while the PB version only involves mixing ingredients)
All in all, the Gingerbread playdoh is worth making because of the wonderful smell and near-perfect consistency.  We are having lots of fun with it in our house... and I sure hope I remember this idea for kids gifts next year!

Love, Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment