Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Good Day, Sunshine!



I have not been cooking much lately. You may have noticed by the lack of blog posts about food.  Sometimes, it just seems impossible to plan for, prepare and serve good meals... not to mention take pictures and write about it!  You know?  I am going to try to be better about cooking.  Starting now. I'm also trying something new here on the blog... 
I will be posting what we eat this week. I'll post pictures and recipes when I can. And at the end of the week, I will post a meal plan that includes a grocery list for all of the recipes I made this week - a little something for you to look forward to! 

Monday, we had:

  • Breakfast - 'Good Day, Sunshine' scrambled eggs, buttered toast & orange juice
  • Lunch - a 'Special Dad Sandwich' (peanut butter & Nutella), Blackberries & lightly salted 'Dora Beans' (edamame)
  • Dinner - BBQ Chicken Sandwiches, Gluten-Free Brazilian Cheese Bread (another Gluten-free fail that I don't want to talk about), sliced apples & salad.  About the dinner: this recipe for crock pot BBQ chicken is one of my favorites, and only has 5 ingredients. I usually make 6 chicken breasts and freeze the leftovers for 1 or 2 other meals. For WP, I served his BBQ chicken mixed with a little sour cream and cheese on regular, toasted bread. For grown ups, I prefer to serve on Orrowheat's Whole Wheat buns with purple onions. The salad was really good. It had purple onions, feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, candied pecans (I had some in the freezer... they were a Christmas gift!) and Ken's Steakhouse Greek Dressing. 
Breakfast: scrambled eggs, buttered toast & orange juice
Lunch: Peanut Butter & Nutella sandwich, blackberries & edamame
Dinner: BBQ Chicken Sandwiches, salad, sliced apples, and gluten-free Brazilian Cheese Bread
Love, Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment