Thursday, March 1, 2012

Dora Edamame

Yep. You read correctly. Individually packaged Dora Edamame: a healthy snack with kid-friendly packaging.  Hallelujah!
I am amazed at how susceptible my 2 1/2 year old is to marketing. He knows and loves lots of cartoon characters, many from shows or movies he has never even seen!  And he is especially drawn to them any time he sees them on a grocery store shelf. He always wants Cars crackers and gummies, Thomas the Tank Engine Pasta, and Sponge Bob yogurt (just to name a few.) I'm sure you know the feeling!

So, you can imagine my excitement when I found this Dora Edamame at Whole foods. They are individually packaged in 8 1.5 oz packages. They stay in the freezer, and the edamame simply needs to be defrosted before eating.  They can defrost in less than a minute in the microwave, or by removing them from the freezer for a few hours. They are perfect to send in a lunch!

Edamame is one of my favorite snacks (tasty, convenient, high in protein, and low in fat.) I've let WP try edamame before, but he has never devoured it like he did this Dora stuff. He ate two whole packages the day I brought it home, and he kept calling it "Dora Pasta"  and "Dora Beans!" The kid was pumped up about this! Admittedly, Dora and Boots are two of his very favorite characters (he was Boots the monkey for Halloween.)  I think he would eat anything in Dora packaging.  

Does your kid have a favorite character?  If you can't find this Dora or Sponge Bob edamame, try and create your own fun packaging that will appeal to your kids.  Look for treat bags or party favor bags with their favorite character, pre-fill them with healthy snacks, then stash them in the fridge or pantry and watch little eyes light up at snack time!

Love, Lauren  

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I'll totally have to try that! We're on a bit of a veggie strike at the moment. Let's hope this does the trick!!

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete