Thursday, January 19, 2012

My Kid Ate Zucchini!!

He has refused to eat it before, and he will refuse to eat it again... but, tonight, WP ate his zucchini!  I think he really liked it. This made me happy because there are SO MANY things that I prepare and put on his plate that he won't eat.  But to have him eat a green vegetable... I'll take it when I can get it!

From here, I diced WP's zucchini into even smaller "bite sized" pieces.
Here is the recipe for tonight's zucchini: maybe the mozzarella is what makes it toddler approved?  This goes well as a side dish with just about anything, but tonight, I served it with Mediterranean Chicken. (My husband and I have liked this long before we had a kiddo... ever since our friend Sarah made it for us.  It's tasty, healthy and colorful. I have included the recipe here in case you want it. The original recipe called for skin-on chicken breasts, but I use boneless skinless.)

I acknowledge that these pictures are no good. I wasn't even planning on taking pictures of this meal... but when the boy ate his vegetables, I wanted to share the recipe!

Skillet Zucchini

1 T (or less) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2-3 zucchini (halved lengthwise, then cut into half-moons about ½” thick)
2-3 garlic cloves
¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
salt & pepper

Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add Olive Oil. When oil is hot, add zucchini and garlic. Stir and sauté the zucchini and the garlic in the skillet for a few minutes until the zucchini is tender but not mushy – usually about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat. Top with the mozzarella cheese and allow the cheese to melt in the skillet, over the zucchini, before serving. (Dice zucchini even smaller before serving to toddlers.)

Print Recipes Here


Mediterranean Chicken


No comments:

Post a Comment