Friday, January 13, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Parfait


This tasty Chocolate Peanut Butter Parfait is low in fat and sugar... shhh! My mom used to make these when I was in high school, and I've liked them ever since. It's a dessert with low Weight Watcher's points... but you would never know based on how good it tastes! (I don't know the exact points - sorry!) I recently made these when we had friends over for dinner. I made the 'grown up' parfaits in clear plastic cups but saved a little extra and made WP one in a votive holder. (This was the perfect size for a kid! A shot glass would work too.)

After he ate his dinner, I surprised him and said, "I have a dessert for you." I handed him the parfait and his little face just lit up. It was priceless. I will make these again soon just so I can see that look on his face.  Not to mention the fact that every day since I made them, he has asked "Mom, do you have a dessert for me?"  

By the way, our grown up friends liked them too. If you make them ahead of a dinner party or birthday party, just keep them covered and in the refrigerator until ready to serve.


Keep Reading for Recipe


Chocolate Peanut Butter Parfait
1 package sugar-free chocolate pudding (the small/4 serving size)
2 cups + 2 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
1 cup thawed whipped topping (such as Cool Whip or Cool Whip Lite)

Make pudding according to package instructions.
In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons milk with 2 tablespoons peanut butter until creamy. Add whipped topping and mix until combined. 
In 4 parfait glasses, layer: pudding, whipped topping mixture, pudding. 
Top with a dollop of whipped topping (optional.)
Chill before serving. 

Print recipe here.

2 comments:

  1. 4 servings at only 3 WW pts. per serving--yummy! You made me smile remembering how much you've always liked these :-) Glad to hear the cutest grandson in the whole wide world is a 3rd generation fan!

    ReplyDelete